View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 10:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I agree with lorilee-its outrageous! Horrible treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by llrn7470 View Post
OMG my darling. This guy's a menace! I would highly recommend that you send a letter with these comments to the Director of Medicine at the hospital and the CEO. Such an attitude is unforgiveable and I can assure you (especially with an inpatient fall) that he will be spoken to about it. You may request (yes, directly to him) that he refer you to someone in pain or neuro as a consult because obviously he knows not one thing about RSD and therapy. There are obviously different things that can be done for your knee but obviously must be done in the light of your RSD. I tend to be outspoken, I know, but if he says one more syllable about a hobby, recommend a good book on RSD for his vacation light reading. When my PMR doc said "you know, we all have to live with some level of pain." I asked him what pain he had chronically. I swear, I want him to put a clothespin on his $*^) for a couple weeks and not want to take it off. Hello!
Anyway, I am a nurse (thus the total disregard for most docs) and I can tell you that speaking to hospital management about such harsh and cynical speech at the bedside [I]especially after an inpatient fall that you could take them to town on will be discussed.
I hope this helps!
LoriLee
Switch doctors I did twice rigth in the middle of treatment. It was worth it. Good luck.
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote