View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 02:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update -

Thanks everyone for your advice & support. I did go ahead and had my first PT session with the therepist I had inquired about that has RSD knowledge. I am glad I did! He was so nice and knowledgable about RSD and has had quite a few patients he has treated. We will start off slow, then have 1 treatment a week in the therepy room and 1 treatment a week in the pool. I am excited to try this pool therepy as I have not had it yet and hoping it might work well. He even had paperwork on mirror image treatment for RSD and had me try it. As for my Ortho doc - I am going to start looking for another one. He is an older dr, but always seemed nice until lthis surgery. I think he doesn't quite believe in RSD - being in the "old school" and therefore is not quite sure what to do with my treatment and feels embarressed he failed. I was just very hurt that in the hospital he felt that my pain was not worth acknowledging when he told me to get a hobby. . Does anyone else feel that they always have to be justifying their condition to people, such as why they are on so many meds, why they have so much pain, etc? My surgery went well in the aspect of RSD not flaring, and scar tissue removed, but it has been awful in the aspect of how people view you as a person that has RSD. On top of how my ortho treated me - another doc I saw yesterday was just as bad - seems like I'm on a roll! My primary dr was on vacation - so I saw another as I have been running a fever and they thought I should be seen to rule out infection. As he reviewed my records, he stated "Why on earth are you on Methadone!???" I was a little dumbfounded as he knew I have a pain management doc. I simply told him that Methadone was one of the best nerve pain medicines there is- something I thought he should already know! Then he was quizing me on my dose - stating he could not belive I take so much pain meds! He made me feel like he thought I should be down on the street corner dealing drugs! I calmly informed him I am under my pain management docs directions for meds and that my pain is worse than any other pain I have ever had. I then stated if he would like to call my pain man. doc, I had him number he could call right then. He stated that it was ok, that wasn't necessary! I am really tired of stupid drs at this point. I left there crying - I felt like I am doing something wrong by taking these meds. I did call my pain management doc and discussed with him this dr - they are from two different facilities. He told me that this dr was apparently "not very intelligent regarding meds!" and told me not to pay any attention. As for reporting them, I have talked to my primary dr (who works with him) and told her I would not see the covering dr ever again and told her why. She apologized and stated she would have a serious talk with him. As for my orth doc - I don't have the energy emotionally to make waves about him to the hospital. I don't plan on seeing him again. I just hope I will find a dr to take me on at this point. I just feel so depressed since this all took place, as if no one really understands the pain or how it effects me and that I should be embarresed I have this condition. I know people here understand, since you have to deal with RSD yourselves. Sorry to ramble - I'm just still so upset. Thanks for listening and being there.

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote