View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default St. Francis Service Dog Graduation Today

Today is the day that six of us have been waiting for. Graduates were asked to come at 12:15, so that they can take individual and group pictures of us. The ceremony begins at 1:00. I'm the first one who will be giving their talk, which I requested because I wanted to get it over with so that I could sit and enjoy everyone else's talks. I hate to talk in front of a group of people up on stage with a microphone, and there will be a large audience.

I've got Montana all spiffed up. We are all going to have to bundle up because the ceremony is being held in the training center, which is a huge unheated horse barn. And, the high today is supposed to be 33 with winds 20-30 mph. Oh well, at least there's no snow or ice! And, they've promised to have hot coffee and hot, spiced apple cider at the reception. Wish I had some long underwear to wear!

I've got my speech written out, and I'm going to read it instead of trying to do it from memory or just notes. I'll try to remember to look up once in awhile. Most of all, I'm going to try not to cry. I get very emotional, and then the tears begin to flow.

azoyizes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote