Thread: Any shakiness?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 03:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello again!

Hello Spelbound!

I am not a DR.,but our symptoms are quite similar. I also have had the red eye/conjuctivitis thing and my muscles do shake. I also experience numb limbs and the like. My muscles also get sore after activity and relax after I rest.

MG is such a tricky disease! For me it took a full blown crisis to be diagnosed - that should neer happen. When I was finally tested, I scored positive for every single aspect of MG - across the board. In fact, my surgeon told me he had never seen a more comprehensive diagnosis of MG - EVER - in the 20+ years he has been practicing. Not a good thing!

I think the waiting and worrying were the hardest for me. Certain members of my family said I was making it up or just lazy (in fact, they call it my "lazy bone" disease. Others said it was b/c I smoked, and others said I was depressed. The point I'm laboring to make is that you know your body! You know you are sick and need to get help!

Hang in there and let me know how you are!

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by spelbound View Post
Sorry I cut the quote to make it shorter...

It was very interesting, and on the face of it I come up quite low on this scoring sytem. BUT I had difficulty in every single area of the test. For example, putting my arms in front of me they start to ache after 10 seconds, after 25 they start to quiver, after 45 the muscles are possitively burning. How far should you push yourself?

I dont know how fast MG develps, but perhaps if I do have MG then its early stages for me.