View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 03:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In Dec 8-14, 2008

Hi Everyone..We took a three day trip to West Virginia this week after Laura got out of the hospital..We were going to go to Rhode Island untill her appointments at the Cleveland Clinic, but she was too sick to travel all that way when we left the hospital..They took her off all her pd meds, with a new dx, that turned out to be bogus, and she couldnt walk untill she started taking her Sinemet again..We drove about 3 hours after she was released from the Clinic, and we had to get a hotel room cuz she wasnt on pd meds at the time..Then after some thought, we decided it best to stay in Ohio untill the appointments on the 17th, 18th, and 19th..so we wandered around West Virginia for a couple of days, and headed back to Ohio..We have been experimenting with Sinemet doses, and dose timing, to try to fine tune her med regimen..We havent been going through extremes with it, but trying to tweak it a bit, to try to avoid hard offs..We had some success, as well as some failures, and trading dyskenisia for more on time on other attempts..Then theres other times where the meds just plain dont work at all, but we keep trying to nail it down so she can have some freedom from the hard crashes..She has been on Clonazapan for anxiety for a while, and they seem to bring her out of hard crashes sometimes..Can anyone share any info on this?

We went picture taking a couple of times, trying to keep busy doing something to escape the boredom..We are out in the sticks, and her laptop cant connect to the internet where we are staying, my cell phone has no bars, and we have a TV with no reception, so we watch a DVD just about everyday..We use her friend Lorrie's computer a couple of times per week to check e-mail, etc..But at the same time we are very grateful for having a place to stay per the extention of Lorrie's family's hand..They are very nice folks..Very humble, understanding, compassionate, and down to earth people, and it has been an absolute priviledge to having had met them..Laura is very spontaneous, and she never fails to devise a plan to fill the hours of the day with something fulfilling to do..Me..Im not spontaneous..Im the type that has to make regimented plans in advance..Why?..I have to know what Im doing, and when Im doing it..Like it matters, right?..Thank God for her spontaneous thinking

How was your week?