View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good evening,

Your son should be seeing a Pain Management doctor. He has the extra training in pain conditions and knows the different treatments for each. RSD is easier to put in to remission (there is no "CURE" just remission) if he gets spinal blocks and oral meds to get his brain to turn off the trigger that is causing the RSD. RSD is all in the brain and what the brain is doing is thinking that the part of the body that is effected is alway hurting or being traumatized in some way. Any other person that would like say stub a toe there brain would say ok send some signals down there and send it back and then turn that circuit off once the toe felt better over time. With RSD that never happens and is a never ending circuit for us. With Spinal blocks it is very help full in the begining to interrupt that circuit and the meds also in the block and usually takes a couple or soo to get the full effect of it and if your doc is aggressive with it. Also phyical therapy is highly suggested to keep the part effected by RSD moving, bc RSD is known to cause limbs to deform and not be moveable at all ! Not to scare you more.

I have RSD in my lower back which came from my RSD which started in my foot. It sucks and have good and bad days. I suggest if he has trouble wearing clothing on his back to get lidocaine patches , these numb the area and help with the clothing issues.

Any other questions please ask away. there are many good doctors at the clevlend clinic that are Pain management docs. Also some neurologists deal with RSD.

Good luck and give your boy a gental hug for us!!