Thread: Foot Pain
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 04:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For the main medications, I take 2,500 MGs of Keppra per day (1k in morning, 500 for lunch, and 1k before bed). I also have Butalbital for headaches and Relpax for migraines. I don't know why, but pills that are colored give me headaches (yes, even headache pills) so I don't take the butalbital since they gave me colored ones (I normally have a pale blue tablet which I'm ok with but the gel caps make the pain worse). Relpax is 40mg per dose and I only take those in 'Oh crap' situations. They average around 12 bucks a pill, so I only use when I cannot handle it.

Normally for headaches I will drink black coffee and follow with inositol (I have to drink like 3 pots to accomplish anything, so the inositol is necessary).

I am supposed to take Depakote with my Keppra but I don't take it. It doesn't help (I know my body) and it makes my hair fall out.

Aside from that, I take Midol once a month.

I am on a high fat 'diet' (I don't count or anything) because I am underweight. I am 29, 5'3 and 100lbs which goes from 90-105 randomly. I drink two Boost Plus drinks per day (one in morning with breakfast and one in evening with dinner) to 'maintain' the weight I have. I will sometimes drink Ensure instead if it's on sale (I'm not from California originally, so I am a sucker for cheap stuff).

I do have a history of arthritis and degenerative (not sure I spelled that right) disk disease in my family (mother, grandmother) although I am not sure how far that goes into genetics, to be honest.

http://www.stevemadden.com/item_image.asp?id=12779

Those are the shoes I have, they are very light weight and fit me well. I have three other pairs that I found that are the same at Payless that I wear too (yay!). I have problems with tennis shoes as many don't fit me right. I have skinny feet and they are kinda small (5.5 in womens).

Normally, I wear a pair of sports ankle socks and then these fleese footie socks or the slippers my granny knitted for me. I wear shoes as less as possible, I hate them. I am a sock and ugly slipper kind of gal. I am more for comfort than anything.

I've only had one injury to my foot which was my right ankle that I shattered as a kid. But that never bothers me and healed long ago.

I'll look into those patches today and hope they have them for sale at the local pharm here.

My MIL always means well, but she's very much into the organic thing and while I think it's nice, I also think (at least in CA) they jack up the prices because organic is a trend of sorts now. Most things are a bit too expensive for my liking.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote