View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Lara !! Does Australia have anything similar? A harvest type celebration?

Chemar.....I love Thanksgiving, too. Just great food and family and not frenzy!!! We had SO MUCH FOOD!!!! Our plates looked like something out of a gourmet magazine. Turkey, 2 kinds of stuffing, 2 kinds of homemade cranberry sauce, (canned cranberry sauce for the non-adventurous), mashed potatoes, gravy, candies sweet potatoes, creamed onions, roasted squash, roasted beets with orange, green salad with roasted bits of sweet potatoes and nuts, lots of appetizers, great wine, rolls, and oh, the desserts.....apple, pecan and pumpkin pies, cheesecake, brownies, fudge, cookies, ice cream and more !!

It was wonderful. I have a fairly large extended family and we all gather and bring something. We just love it and ooooh and aaaah over the foods everyone brings. So much fun and I'm grateful for all of this. I also send food to my sister-in-law's house where some of my husband's family gathers. Things I make each year and they love so I send it along because I can't be with them.

Wishing everyone a peaceful holiday season.

Take care,
Tessa
Tessa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote