Thread: Vp shunt pain
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath278 View Post
Hi Jadiee-x. I was just looking thru google to find an answer to my problem and I found your site and post.I have the very same problem!I had my shut surgery done on the 25th of Nov. A VP shunt for IIH.I have no problem from the head or stomach wounds just the pain in my side. I was rushed to hospital Monday by ambulance because they thought I was bleeding internally. I wasnt but they still couldnt tell what or where the pain came from.I would love to talk to you about it all if you have the time.I do hope you are feeling better.Cath278.

hi cath,
Ive since found the cause of the problem, well an appropriate way of resolving the pain anyways.
im having my VP shunt converted to a VA shunt, my neurosurgeon spotted a build up of fluid in my abdomen (ascites) and this could have been what is causing the pain. Even if this is not what is causing the pain and it is infact the tube digging into the abdomen or organs, this will also resolve as the distal end will go into the heart instead of the peritoneum.
perhaps you could suggest this to your neurosurgeon too
will be happy to chat if you need to know anything.
jadiee-x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote