Thread: Attorneys
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 05:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

If he is unprepared and you are turned down because of HIS poor representation, making him file yet ANOTHER request for reconsideration, then that tells me he wants to jack up your award more and more, so HE gets a bigger payoff when you finally win the case.

I think it just MAY be time to consult another attorney (who should be able to get a continuance to prepare for this upcoming day to present your case again) ---

Or you might tell your attorney -in no uncertain terms- that if he can't win your case at this upcoming hearing, that you are switching your representation immediately ----- which will certainly chop deeply into any award he can expect.

Also, ask to SEE all his work done so far on your case --- to SEE the entire case file he has on you. NOT in a couple of weeks. NOT in a week. But THEN. TODAY. You can sit in his law library with it and find out just how much work HE has added to the file beyond what you have given him. Take NOTES, numbering the sheets and describing the contents of each one there. Have one of his assistants or him sign off on it as representative of the file.

This might spur him into action.

Hopefully for you,
Teri

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy-h View Post
Hi All;
Has anyone had to fire their SSDI attorney? I have had this attorney since August 2005 and basically he has done nothing for me. My case is in reconsideration so it has been there a long time. Basically, my attorney has done very little for me except filing the reconsideration for me. I have done all the rest. And when they do tell me things, they are usually wrong. I want to break our contract as they do not deserve one penny if and when my case is solved.

Thanks;
Nancy-H
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote