Thread: That Fabric...
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 10:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ..this thread...

...there seems to be a commonality here...I wonder if it is the answer I have been looking for. I have always been very sensitive too. BF is the same way as well. So is my son. His father use to tease him unmercifully for being that way. Because, as the stigma says, males aren't suppose to be... I get so mad about that. If you ask me there is nothing more beautiful than a man who has nurturing qualities.

Ah me....But, you are right Alffe, how to deal with it? I told my pdoc once that I wanted to learn how to set boundaries without building walls. He really couldn't help me much. It takes life experience. Trial, and error. The school of hard knocks. Unfortunately, some of us get knocked out trying to learn. I am so happy that you are talking more about Michael. I would really like to get to know him better. Now if you would just send me a picture for my tree

I hope others will chime in here...this is a good point for discussion.

I think the book "The Invitation" and also "The Places That Scare You" are good for learning how to deal with this. I am sure there are many others.

There is a thread in the BP forum, I think it was started by Bizi, that has a link in it on vulnerability by Mari....it is very good. If I knew how to post it here I would.

I think it is how to remain vulnerable without becoming the prey... but once you have been preyed upon it is harder...but easier to help others who have been there. OK, I am running on....let somone else speak...

BTW (((Alffe))) the only time I ever got a letter from my son was when he was in boot camp. He didn't like it either. He joined the Navy right out of high school.

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (12-08-2008), Alffe (12-08-2008), Burntmarshmallow (12-09-2008), DMACK (12-08-2008), doxiemama (12-11-2008), Nik-key (12-09-2008), pono (12-09-2008), Twinkletoes (12-08-2008), who moi (12-09-2008)