Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerina85 View Post
hi,
My son is 21 and he was dx with autism when he was 2 and half.
For the past 2 years he also got the dx of touretts, like autism was not enough.
He makes many vocal nosies which is disruping to the entire family. We have a hard time taking him out in the community as well as the noises are so loud.
We have tried just about every med out there. He is currently on Risperidal 2 mg 2xs a day. Zyprexa 10 Mg 2xs a day. We had him on clonidine, klonopin, xanax, valium, zoloft to name just a few. No matter what the noises are still there, not even less. He was on the risperidal b/c it helped with his autism stims. There is a fine line between a stim and a tic.
Anyhow, I was reading posts about abilify. His doc did mention that too.
WE may try that next. My question for you guys here, should we introduce the abilify and leave the risperidal and zyprexa doses. Or slowly take him off those meds.
He has a hard time falling asleep too, and he needs melatonin and simply sleep by tynlenol.
thanks in advance
Angela

Hi. don't know if you caught the tv show on CBS last night? It was about a teacher who had tourettes (but he wasn't diagnosed correctly until late in life).

He now teaches, gives speeches and is quite inspirational.

You, however, have a whole different thing going on, don't you? Lots of stress, lots of problems.

I have a son who has been diagnosed with Aspergers. Whole different set of problems right there.

Just know you are not alone. I am holding your hand (although it's in cyber-space).

I am so sorry for all that you have to go through. People will come here and give you great information.

I hope you have a support system where you reside. That is so important. Have you received support from family members?

It's hard, I know this.

Take care and post here whenever you wish. Someone will definitely reply to you.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote