View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 02:38 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I started with every 2 weeks. think I graduated to 1month after 6months. Then every 2 months. now am every 3 months. So it takes time. This is over a period of now like 5 years give or take?? It is best to be close to the docs at first. You have a lot going on medically and medicinally, it is far better to be close to the doc than not.
PERSONAL EXAMPLE: Was going to old doc every 3 months I think, well in the interim, my blood sugars were steadily rising. (office had results not me) then one day I couldn't wake up. I called was told to increase pred that day. Did that. Well "slept" the entire weekend and into the monday. finally woke up enough to call, go to have labs drawn if I felt it necessary. DH came home took me for the labs, the sheriff was looking for us before we could get back home again, blood sugar was over 700. So back to the hospital and into intensive care for a week.
Being in the chair right in front of the doc is always better. Things can be reviewed with you. This could have been avoided with proper and prompt treatments for the steadily increasing blood sugars.
So stay close to the docs.
justdeb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote