View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile New here, but not to aneurysms

Hi
My name is Ruthie
I suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm almost 4 years ago and it has forever changed my life, and how I view my life. I have met many friends along the way in different sites like this one. I hope to meet new people at this site also and give and recieve advise and moral support.
My aneurysm trouble is not over, I have 2 remaining aneurysms, one that is a residual from a clipping and another that is small and being monitered. I get these checked yearly and try not to let them run my life although I have had to make some lifestyle changes so I can reduce my risk of another rupture.
I worked as a nurse for 25 years prior to the rupture and have not returned. My quick thinking process and decision making has been compromised. Memory is not the same and I have trouble finding words and getting thoughts together when speaking to people. I get upset easily and frustruated when I can't get my thoughts right and the docs say it is the result of the bleed to my brain. Other then headaches and tiring easily I get along pretty good. I had met a wonderful group of aneurysm survivors and we comminicate through e-mail, so I'm hoping more of us join here, GPer is one of them.
It is good to be here,
Ruthie
Ruthie1959 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote