View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

PLEASE DON'T LET THIS SCARE YOU OFF. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!

Memories of my surgery? I remember massive pain. We had to drive 1 1/2 hrs to hospital. Went to the mall and had fun so the kids would have great "last" memory just in case something happened. Went in early next day to hospital. This was in Towson, MD. Had one of the big TOS drs do the surgery (Dr. Keras). Came out of surgery on morophine pump. Pumped like crazy, let me tell you. Then I got sick to my stomach from the morophine. Went home next day. That drive was a killer. Took back roads because I didn't want to ride 695 (6-8 lane higway).

Laid in bed for a week or so. Watched dishes piling up, laundry piling up, that was frustrating. Enlist someone to help around the house if you can. I have 4 sisters and not one offered to help. No BMs for a week. Finally hobbled up and down the street to try to get them going.

Artery was 80% blocked. Nerves and muscles and artery were engulfed in big glob of scar tissue. They peeled everything out and removed the scar tissue. Also took out scalenes on same side. I sometimes reread the op report to remind myself that the surgery was necessary.

Previous to surgery, had multiple trigger point injections, botox injections, pt, pain meds. The surgery was a last resort. I had done everything else.

Don't really remember recovery time. It's pretty much a blur.

With all that scar tissue in there, the surgery has to have made some difference. It's been about five years now. I didn't have to go back to real work. Just had to get the house stuff caught up.

So, there it is. The whole honest story. Please don't let it scare you off.
MJA - TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (12-09-2008)