View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Diagnosed... then undiagnosed... now confused

Hi there

I don't know if anyone out there has had anything similar. Anyone who has any ideas would be gratefully received.

I've been diagnosed three times now (first for circulatory problems, prolapsed spin and then peripheral neuropathy).

I've now got to undergo a lumbar puncture (I'm quite frightened about it) as well as electricl nerve conduction tests, blood tests and a stay in hospital to sort out a pain management system.

Symptom history:

June: frequent tripping, walking into things, slurring words, brain fog, clumsiness.

July: Symptoms as above plus swollen ankles... painful feet. Muscle cramps in calves.

August: Symptoms as above plus both calves started having the following symptoms: cold burning sensation, tenderness, sensitivity to cold, draughts and touching.

September: Symptoms as above plus trouble walking. Had to start using a walking stick.

October: Symptoms as above plus mobility worsened and pain intensified (up to a 10 at times). Asked to leave work as a 'Health & Safety hazard' due to instability.

November/December: Early Nov I had to start using 2 walking sticks. 2 weeks ago I had to go into hospital as I was unable to put my right foot down and walk due to the amount of pain. Hospital stay of 4 days. MRI Scan clear (lump on spine due to previous slipped disc, but the lump was not pressing on anything). Prescribed Oral morphine, dihydracodeine, 1000mg paracetamol and dicolofex. Takes pain down although not completely gone.

Last night (8th December) I saw a neurologist, who is going to carry out more tests.

Has anyone had anything similar? And has anyone had a lumbar puncture, and if so is there anything I can do to prepare myself and make it easier?

Many thanks - any advice gratefully received.

Sue
susanjpullen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote