View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hello!

Well, I waited to see if anyone would comment on this and since no one has yet, I thought I'd put in my 5 cents worth...........

I also had a thymectomy right after I was diagnosed and for me I think it was the right decision. My antibody level was @ 600 when I was diagnosed and after my thymectomy, it went down a bit. Granted, I am still 7 months out from mine, but I was told it was my last, best chance at regaining my "former" life so I went for it. It hurt like heck and I was scared all the time after the surgery, but the pain did go away and so did the scar.

A girl in my support group has hers out and has been in remission for 11 years! 11 years! I am happy for her and jealous at the same time!

You never know. You may be one of the lucky ones and having your thymus removed may put you into permanent remission.

Whatever you decide, please know that I will be thinking about you and praying for you! Hang in there and let us know what you decide!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezmommy View Post
I am newly diagnosed and am trying to get as much information about the surgery before I make a decision. I am thinking that it has to help a little anyways right? Has anyone had an experience where it made things worse?
Thanks for any input.