View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Are you under some major stress right now? That can bring on flares BIG time.

And you say you don't want to tell friends.
How come? Have they not been supportive? Can you not share this with ANYONE?? How about family?

I know that people don't like to hear others complain all the time, but sometimes, when we are having a bad day, it's nice to be able to call up SOMEONE and say "i'm in a lot of pain and I sure could use some telephone company, or maybe you can come over, and I'll make coffee".

Is this not possible? Sometimes, when we are in pain, we have to find ways to have our endorphins kick in. I choose humor. Alan and I laugh all the time. He is in pain every day with his neuropathy but because we try and find ways to get his mind off of his pain, well sometimes it gets a bit easier. It doesn't dissapear. He jus learns how to manage it.

For example last night. He was sitting at the computer. He says "Melody, what's it doing outside, my feet are killing me" I went to the window and saw that it was beginning to rain, it was damp, and I said "oh, it's starting to rain".

Now if it was a hard roaring rain, he would have been just fine. But in the beginning of a rain, his feet go nuts.

So I just went over, massaged his shoulders, gave him a hug and he said "thanks I feel better".

Is there no one that can do this for you?

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote