View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 07:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Billye--do I ever resemble your remarks! I pretty much have much of those same feelings. Yet my neuropathy may be the opposite of yours, my whole body is involved, yet I think the worst is in my neck and shoulders. My neck has a fire going right now and my shoulders almost always have a pinched nerve feeling now. It sometimes radiates down my arm and into my wrist.

I too feel every wrinkle in the sheets, I can't stand collars touching me, can't stand necks in my tops anymore, am relieved to put my shorts on after a day in pants. The electric shocks, tingling, and aching bone pain--all very well known to me. My face is involved too, many days I feel like it is on fire, yet it isn't even red--I woke up with my tongue numb and stinging at the same time on the very tip--that was a new sensation to me.

My neuropathy is autoimmune too, I have celiacs disease, an autoimmune disease which causes severe malabsorption of vitamins and minerals--I have a B12 deficiency. My intolerances are becoming so many, that I now realize I am back to not getting enough of the correct nourishment.

We just must keep fighting it--don't let it get us down.
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote