View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Went into this past week still astonished that DBS was being suggested for PWPs in Stages 2 and 3. And, frustrated about driving, which I am dealing with...long distance driving that is...quietly, without letting family members know. No lecturing about the family member part, PLEASE. One thing at a time

Then my grandson had a runny nose on Monday, which turned into bronchitis and sinus infection for me by late Thursday. Went to the doc on Friday...chest x-ray and rx's. Stayed in bed the rest of that day and then most of Saturday, which my spinal fusion argued with me about doing. Amazing how quickly my PD compromised immune system has deteriorated this past year. This is the unteenth time I have been sick this year. Seems every cold type germ does it to me, and being around elementary age kids most of the week doesn't help at all. I am finally going to see an Rhumetologist in two weeks !! Another dx...I hope NOT

Steve, I definitely empathize with you over the transportation issue. I tried so hard for five years to make do with cars that cost under $500 dollars, so that, 1) I could pay for it all at once, and 2) wouldn't have a car payment. In my life, I never thought the day would come when I had to drive such old cars. But, then people do it all the time...a humbling feeling for me, indeed. At the time I was traveling back and forth between south central NYS (Corning) and south central PA (Gettysburg)...199 miles/4 hours one way. I went through four cars. I finally gave in and bought a $10,000 car and now have a car payment, which I have no business having, but the fear of breaking down became far too great.

So, if my joke of a budget wasn't difficult enough, now it is what rx co-payments can I afford this month. I have to inform my MD neuro this week that Azilect is out, since it will begin to cost me 100% by April 2007. I was to have to stop Mirapex, but an angel came to my rescue and I now have a big supply of that. And that goes to all my brand drugs, except my insultin, which I don't have a choice about and for which there is no generic.

My eldest daughter, who is NOT a cook, did a awesome job with Thanksgiving on Thursday. Sweet thing...she followed Martha's November Food magazine T-day meal ideas to the T and it was totally wonderful. My only responsibility was to bring the soy ice cream, so my youngest grandson could have his favorite dessert...ice cream. My grandmother counterpart brought Kentucky Derby Pie...oh my gosh ...imagine...pecan pie, with bourbon and chocolate chips in it

I have to Vent now...sorry...The part about Medicare Part D that angers me the MOST is that those of us who can't afford the 100% Gap, must resort to the more inferior older drugs that are now generic, or go without if there if not yet a generic. We can't enjoy the benefits of the new better drugs that are on the market. So, between now and April, and I have already done the numbers and determined I will hit the Gap, I will be transitioning to all generics or stopping any brand I already take.

The only other resource is to pick up samples from my Internist. Maybe I can arrange for PD meds pickup from him also, if he and Dr. Shulman can arrange something...now there is an idea. People tell me to try getting free meds from the pharma companies. Has anyone actually taken note of the level of income one has to have to qualify. My income is too great to qualify
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote