View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone,
I am home again after a little friendly visit to my local acute neurology ward, where there were many people with really truly awful conditions, and in the worst of states, so feel both that I have a lot to be thankful for, and that at least PD does not rampage through us in the way some diseases do.

Having said that, it was interesting to be off meds for several days. I did not get the dreaded things (NMS) that I feared from coming off sinemet, but nevertheless felt for a few days as though I should have had an egg between my feet - I just needed a white bib to do a good impersonation of one of those penguins in that film ..... and was very grateful they did not keep me in the further week that they threatened.

Neuros could still not make up their minds and sent me home to avoid using up any more tax payers money! And things have progressed a fair bit since I was last unmedicated, so Steve, I know what you are talking about. I'm bilateral assymetric, and like you recently my left side has started to feel less able. I remember that you had a similar initial response to sinemet as me. That was a v. interesting article regarding the dominant side of the brain, this thing of PD stating in one side has been on my mind a lot..... you know, WHY? I hope that you get this sorted out, maybe you need your meds tweaked a bit??

Anyway I now have a 'possible PD' dx!!! CS, your words and support earlier this year gave me the courage to say that I would be in a mess without this drug, and to believe in myself. Many thanks for everything, and hope things are OK with you ... it is great to see you here ....

I have been very flabbergasted by 'objective' science this week, PM me if you want to know more! To all those who have had the arm-twistings, the touch your nose, the hold your hands out, and all of that stuff, and come away none the wiser, I do now absolutely believe that this is what happens when doctors simply do not know.

Well I am so grateful to be back in my nice new little house, and with my lovely 15 year old, who valiantly became the man in the family and made sure that everything was okay, that the rent would get paid, and that there were no loose ends that would unravel while I was away.

So sad to hear about Gina - I remember some years ago on PWLP chat when we had Gina, Tina (from Belgium) and Nina - it seems a long time ago now...... and many names that we no longer see ....

Mama, take courage, and look for your own inner reserves of strength. And we will be thinking of you..... xx

love to you all
Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote