Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
are allowed some carbs.

If you are not diabetic yet, you can help with carb metabolism with supplements than enable insulin to work better.

http://www.endocrineweb.com/diabetes/treatment.html

I don't think a baked potato on a holiday, or at other times very carefully (not too often) is so terrible. It doesn't have to be a gigantic size.

Often just eating smaller portions helps.

Here is a website resource that gives food content:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/v...roducts/2555/2
Thank you for these links, they are very helpful!

I just wish there was some way to prepare... I suppose I should make myself more clear... I am kind of living in fear of letting my sugars rise, as there is still one or two people thinking my blood sugars could be a part of what is causing the problem with the pain in my feet. (Not just the auto-immune disease) So I don't want to get a high reading and set my feet off... I have just begun to be able to sleep at night (thank you methotrexate) and I do NOT want to backslide... so I guess I am just looking for some insurance policy.

I have been using Caloriecount.com to keep track of what I am eating (at least I have been trying to) and at least it gives you carb levels and sugar levels among other things, but I always worry I have too much sugar... like today I have 78 grams in my diet, but I have only eaten whole grains, and fruit and vegetables, and Cheese.... so I don't know what to make of this. I'll post my blood sugar when I take it, but it will be interesting to see what it is...

Last edited by Macophile; 12-10-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Macophile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote