View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 08:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question RSD Neurologist in NJ area?

Hello Everyone,

I broke my foot recently and my treating dr. has brought up the possibility that I may have RSD/CRPS ( he does not regularly treat people with this condition though). I definitely exhibit some symptoms however other things make me wonder if something else may be the culprit. In fact my pain has gotten much better (progressively every day & I use no pain killers); I am able to sleep now at night and everything. Issues are on/off mottled discoloration (every day, sometimes extreme), nerve issues & I did have the extreme pain as described in the list of symptoms which he ignored at the time it was occurring (unable to sleep even with heavy duty pain killers). I would like to actually see a neurologist who specializes or has heavy RSD experience to obtain a final Dx. Given how often patients are told they don't have this condition when in fact they do, I want to feel confident that the neurologist has the ability to either negate or confirm the Dx, especially since I understand how important time is.

I am having a lot of trouble however finding a neurologist in NJ who is knowledgeable le in RSD. Is there a neurologist in NJ that is competent enough in RSD to make this diagnosis? This would be an early stage diagnosis as well. Thank you in advance for your help and I wish you all the best.
jrsygrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote