Thread: dear caregiver
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 01:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default dear caregiver

I just wanted to say hi and I'm thinking of all of you.

Taking care of the patient is very hard indeed. If we aren't careful we will go way beyond what we are able. Take care of yourself.

Vicky, I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your recent loss. I could tell your MIL was very dear to you. We don't want to lose them, it will take away the suffering and confusion.

A dear friend that lost her father to Alzheimer's was writing down some of her thoughts . I will share. This is not all she wrote but this part hit home.

She said her father had finally finished his journey thru the mist onto the other Side. No more suffering, just happiness. Every time I think of this I see a dear one coming thru the mist , nothing but happiness on their face.

So Vicky, your MIL has finished her journey into the other side. I see her smiling, telling you she is fine, not to worry anymore.

Please take care of yourself as you continue to care for your FIL. You and your husband are important, doing your labor of love. I pray you will care for yourself as well as your FIL

Julia
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote