View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 01:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post thanks

We had a nice holiday with my parents. I'd ordered a meal from the local grocery store - they said i'd need to reheat the turkey. I was OK with that - i was NOT OK getting a frozen - fully cooked bird... But it all turned out ok in the end. We ate on the patio - mid 80s (Phoenix). That was lovely.

But NEXT year I'm going to cook the meal AHEAD -- turkey 2 days ahead, potatoes & stuffing the day before, etc. And on the holiday i'll just reheat. It's my plan for the Christmas dinner.

On another topic, my husband & I have been bike riding every day, in addition to my walks. It's great and I find the exercise makes my meds last longer. Sometimes I forget to take a dose. Anyway my bike is actually a "trike" - a recumbent trycicle. It's fun to ride and I have no balance issuse when riding it. And boy do I get a lot of stares as I ride around the neighborhood!

I am thankful for so many things. Not least of which - I am thankful for the amazing people I've met since my diagnosis. Thanks to all of YOU for your caring and support and advice!

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote