View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I had a scare this morning. When I got up my DH had left a note for me not to go pay for it. He said we had 'other financial priorities'. So when he got home he said we needed to talk about it. So he talked. Then I said it was time for me to talk. He just said , no, we can't afford it. About a month ago my Mom gave me/us a small part of what would be mine when she dies. She did this with all the kids. I wasn't going to pull this 'my money' thing but I did and reminded him how much out kids were putting in on it. So there ws little left for us to pay. He has wanted a fireplace in the family room for years. And he really loved this one. So he didn't give any arguement at all and I immediately went to Home Depot and paid for it. It weighs about 200 pounds and we will have to wait for this weekend when our kids get back from Gatlinburgh to go pick it up. Then I get the lovely opportunity of putting it together. But I have it now! I actually have a mantel I can put stockings on now!!!! Now I have to find a picture to put above it!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (12-14-2008), Twinkletoes (12-11-2008)