View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 04:10 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
Being very sensitive? I think maybe I am too ? But funny thing I dont like to be called that in fact i try to hide that part of me as much as possible. but I know how horrible I feel if /when I make another feel badly or I hurt anothers feelings. I think it is the one thing in the whole world that really bothers me and I hate myself when that happens .I always try to make people smile or laugh. I hate when others around me are hurting or sad and even more hating myself if I am the cause of another saddness or hurt or ill feelings. I will be the one trying to lighten the load or lift the spirits or reach farther then the last one..
But I would never call myself sensitive and I wonder why ? Do I find it is a weakness in me? Why would that be a weakness it should be a plus.
Alffe Mom thanks for sharing Michael .

Yeah I was a Tomboy kinda girl.and hummmm maybe even then that was my way of hiding how sensitive I was / am ????
Yikes I better not think about that to much.
the fabric the fabric....
Thank you to everyone for sharing and talking.
Many Blessings.
PEACE
BMW
I've read that 15% to 20% of people are Highly Sensitive People (HSP). There is a book,and websites about us Highly Sensitive People. They say it's normal for us HSPs to be sensitive. I know I'm one.

I believe that it is also a gift of compassion. I believe it is a virtue,and not a weakness. Sometimes when I'm close to someone who is hurting,I feel a flash of pain streak through me. I have gone over to people after church,and prayed for them. I have prayed for people in other places. This sensitivity is a compassion for others.

This sensitivity also hurts us sometimes. BF
Brokenfriend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-11-2008), doxiemama (12-11-2008), mistiis (12-11-2008), OhKay (01-06-2016), who moi (12-11-2008)