View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Twink, MRIs, and Olive Oil - Tip of the Day

I learned something yesterday . . .

I had my MRI yesterday. Hating to get MRIs, I followed the instructions they gave me to a T, well almost.

They say, clean dry hair with no styling products, no make up, no deodorant, no lotions, etc. I have long hair, fine yet I have A LOT of it. It is also very dry due to our climate in the desert. Knowing that it was going to take a while to dry it, I planned for it. I got out of the shower and attempted to comb this mass on my head. It wasn't going well without my detangler. OUCH!

Then, it hit me, my brilliant idea - olive oil. I use it once a week as a deep conditioner and it works great. (I also use it at night as a moisturizer for my face. It's wonderful and cheap.) So, I thought why not use it now so that I can comb out my hair and with having to dry it completely with the hair dryer it, hopefully, won't damage it as much. On goes the olive oil, hair got combed, and then dried.

DD18 was my designated driver. She went down, got my happy pills, came back, and we left in a hurry as I was going to be late. On the way there I panicked. What if you can't go in the MRI because of the olive oil. (This was an anxious thought, I know). I couldn't call the place as 1) we were in the car on the way and I didn't have the number and 2) let's face it I was a little embarrassed by my possible stupidity. So I make a call to a smart NT bud that may know the answer.

"Twink? Hi. . . . .*tkrik explains her predictament*"

*Twink laughs*

The point of all of this is yes, you can use the olive oil prior to an MRI. So if you have long hair/dry hair and or skin, you can use the olive as a moisturizer before going.

That's my tip of the day. LOL
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
azoyizes (12-12-2008), CayoKay (12-13-2008), ewizabeth (12-11-2008), Koala77 (12-12-2008), Twinkletoes (12-11-2008), TwoKidsTwoCats (12-11-2008), Vonn07 (12-11-2008)