Old 12-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debm2 View Post
Hey Melody,

Do you eat beans for your protein? Beans and rice are the perfect combination, very yummy and eaten 'round the world as a staple. It is comfort food for our family, in fact my 11 yo daughter asked for that meal for her birthday! Another yummy one is lentils and brown rice. Seasoned right..mmmmmm
Deb
I don't eat too many beans (too much gas). And I don't go near rice (I'm diabetic). But I eat my sprouts (and they're LOADED with protein). And I eat a can of Bumble Bee water packed tuna on top of my fresh sprouts, some fresh mushrooms, a slice of red onion, and perhaps 6 sliced black olives. You put a dash of lemon juice, a splash of extra virgin olive oil, and a dash of salt and fresh ground pepper, and believe me, this is the most delicious thing I have ever eaten.

All I did was stop buying lettuce and I put whateve sprouts I've grown, well, I put them in my salad.

Then at night I have another salad (no tuna), and I take my sprouts, and add them to some broccoli florets, some zucchini, (or whatever veggies I have in the house), and I do a stir-fry. Along with some Salmon (or a slice of tofu which I only eat once a week), well that takes care of my protein. I also will eat some Dreamfield's Pasta once or twice a week.

The next night, I take all the leftover veggies, add just a bit of grated carrots, add some more sprouts, add some egg whites, some fresh minced onions, blend all together in a bowl, form into patties, and pan fry them.

For Alan, I drizzle some honey and splenda on them. For me, I just eat them plain. They are really good and I look at it this way.

I eat what I have grown. Sounds good to me!!!

I have my friend around the corner growing her first batch of lentils. She asked me last night. "What the heck do I do with these white things that are coming out of the lentils?"

After laughing, I said "you eat them in your salad, or you toss then with your veggies".

She then said "you mean I don' take the white things off".

I can't believe that people are now coming TO ME with questions. I only just learned about sprouting last month.

This is hysterical.

Her mother who is 77 sat there and said "you eat these things?"

Then she started calling me The Sprout-Lady.

You have to laugh at that!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote