View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Default Peters' words regarding suicidal thoughts

As to the thoughts, I will be the first to say they are exhausting and, as I have said previously, they tire us to a point where we honestly believe suicide is the only solution. It is not. BEFRIEND and TALK. These thoughts are a part of you, for better or worse. I believe strongly in a physiological connection with suicidal thoughts. Our fear of the thought stimulates a negative physiological reaction which appears to give the negative thoughts enhanced power over us. Step back for a moment and place yourself in an imaginary situation. You see a child running into a busy roadway...you run quickly to save this child from oncoming cars...feel the reaction rising in your body. The adrenaline pounding throughout your body and brain. Now the rescue is over, your alone, feel the exhaustion of your body and mind.

You are rescuing yourself daily, hourly, every few minutes. Each thought envokes a physiological reaction with the end result being exhaustion. Befriend this thought. Treat it as you would the child who ran into the pathway of cars. Hold it, talk to it, teach it that there is another way to walk the roads of life. Post it here and allow others to comfort it. Do not be ashamed of it. What is it really but a thought that wants attention. Understand now, I did not say a PERSON who wants attention but a THOUGHT that wants attention from that person. It is the fight against the thought that tires us and makes us vulnerable to enactment of the thought.

I cannot give you a reason to live. I can, however, take away your reason for dying. An untrained unaccepted thought is not justification for death.

Last edited by Alffe; 11-26-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (08-02-2009), eva5667faliure (09-04-2014), findingjulz (08-20-2009), MandaC (06-11-2009), mistiis (09-27-2009), Nik-key (04-15-2008), Roseblue (06-03-2008), wishnomore (09-19-2010)