View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

If you dont have insurance, is there any way that you can get some?

You can probably call a neurologist on your own, make an appointment, and then pay out of pocket for the visit.

Ask your regular doctor if he can recommend a neuro, or if he can have his office call the neuro to set up the appointment for you.

I totally understand the balance issues, I've been having an entertaining time lately trying to not fall flat on my face while Christmas shopping the past week or two. The crowds of people are irritating, and they seem to add to the disorientation and make me feel very very wobbly.

At home, if I'm taking a shower and close my eyes, or if I'm in a room where the lights are turned out, I start to feel like I'm going to fall. My dad has this bad habit of turning off lights in a room as he walks out of the room...with me behind him. I dont think he realizes that makes me dizzy. I leave a lamp on at night in the basement where my bedroom is. My parents are constantly turning it off, because they're energy concious, but I need the light from that lamp to help me with the whole walking into walls or falling face first onto the floor.

Makes me think they're out to get me sometimes

I hope you dont have MS, and that whatever you have is something easily curable.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
seara (12-12-2008), tkrik (12-12-2008)