View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Attention SCS Implant Patients

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering I could get some advice.

First, some background. I've had RSD since August of 05. I had rib resection surgery for TOS and got it from the nerve damage from the surgery.

On Nov 17th I had a SCS implanted. I had a hard time recovering from the surgery because I got an infection and then the flu the second week I was home. I was miserable. Anyway, I'm back to work FT after 3 weeks of being home. Things haven't been easy. First, my leads are at the base of my neck because my RSD is in my arms. So, then there is tubing running under my skin down my back and then connects to my battery in my hip. I'm still having a hard time putting my back against the back of my office chair. It's sore and sensitive. In addition, my hip is sore (which is to be expected).

For people who have had this surgery, can you tell me how long it has taken you to recover from this? I realize that a month isn't long enough, but geez, my back/neck is really sore. I have been taking my temperature once a day to make sure my fever hadn't come back. It's been normal.

Thank you for your advice.
dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote