View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I got my first scs in Nov. of last year. It took at least 3 months before I didn't hurt every day. I loved it when it worked, but I discovered the battery had started to turn around in my butt. I was going to have the battery moved to my side, but right before surgery, the x-rays showed that the leads weren't in my spine anymore. They were off doing their own thing elsewhere. So we went for a complete removal of the old and a complete new unit in its place. Well, that hurt a lot, I had about 80 staples in my back, side, butt. A week after having the staples out, I developed a horrible infection pouring out of my incision on my side. Rushed me to ER, then into surgery. Had to remove the complete unit as the infection had gone up the leads and almost at the paddles in my spine. again, left with many stitches, and an open wound. that landed me in a nursing home for a week. (never again). I now have nothing in me, and I look like Frankensteins wife. I don't think I will ever have it inserted again. I have decided that a life of drugs has to be better then what I have gone thr so far. I still think it is a great unit, and just because I had a problem with it, I would never tell anyone not to try it. I really think it works, and it did work for me.

hope that helps

hugs
Mary