View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 11:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanjpullen View Post
Hi there

I don't know if anyone out there has had anything similar. Anyone who has any ideas would be gratefully received.

I've been diagnosed three times now (first for circulatory problems, prolapsed spin and then peripheral neuropathy).

I've now got to undergo a lumbar puncture (I'm quite frightened about it) as well as electricl nerve conduction tests, blood tests and a stay in hospital to sort out a pain management system.

Symptom history:

June: frequent tripping, walking into things, slurring words, brain fog, clumsiness.

July: Symptoms as above plus swollen ankles... painful feet. Muscle cramps in calves.

August: Symptoms as above plus both calves started having the following symptoms: cold burning sensation, tenderness, sensitivity to cold, draughts and touching.

September: Symptoms as above plus trouble walking. Had to start using a walking stick.

October: Symptoms as above plus mobility worsened and pain intensified (up to a 10 at times). Asked to leave work as a 'Health & Safety hazard' due to instability.

November/December: Early Nov I had to start using 2 walking sticks. 2 weeks ago I had to go into hospital as I was unable to put my right foot down and walk due to the amount of pain. Hospital stay of 4 days. MRI Scan clear (lump on spine due to previous slipped disc, but the lump was not pressing on anything). Prescribed Oral morphine, dihydracodeine, 1000mg paracetamol and dicolofex. Takes pain down although not completely gone.

Last night (8th December) I saw a neurologist, who is going to carry out more tests.

Has anyone had anything similar? And has anyone had a lumbar puncture, and if so is there anything I can do to prepare myself and make it easier?

Many thanks - any advice gratefully received.

Sue
For the lumbar puncture I would practice relaxing. And, if you have a chance maybe you could ask them to test for B12. I think that the fluid shows more clearly what the actual B12 level in a body is.

Your problems remind me so much of when I was living in hydrogen sulfide. I used to walk so irregularly, and bump into things, big things like walls and buildings. I still do, to some extent, but it's a lot better. And, I had a prolapse that went away when I wasn't in the hydrogen sulfide anymore.

The hydrogen sulfide in my case came from a broken sewer pipe that broke because it was laid over an old outdoor toilet pit, so there was old and new ... excrement and every time I cleaned or took a bath the water went into the mess and made the hydrogen sulfide worse.

I have a website that deals primarily with B12, but I also have some pages devoted to the outdoor toilet pit and a woman wrote to me that she was having a lot of the problems I had ... hers problems were from hydrogen sulfide, too, but from living near oil wells. Apparently they give off hydrogen sulfide.

If you have an ill fitting toilet, that can let the sewer gas into your home, and so can a sink or shower or tub in a bathroom you don't use where the water in the traps dries up.

You may have something totally different, but whatever it is, it sure sounds a lot like what I experienced.

Because nerves were involved I got a lot better after I got tetanus and used huge amounts of vitamin B12. My peripheral neuropathy went away. I still bump into things when there's a lot of stress, though.

I hope you find some relief. It's so, I don't know how to explain it, but it's so upsetting to bump into walls. I slammed into one the other day when there was a lot of stress, and while it hurts, it also is so unnerving to not be able to miss something big like a wall.

(((((((((susan))))))))))
susanjpullen (12-16-2008)