View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 11:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blush Anyone have experience with adenomyosis or endometriosis??

I've always had excessive bleeding with menstruation. Pain during intercourse became pretty intense in my 20's, and I had a myomectomy in 12/00 to see what the problem was. Results (confirmed by tissue testing) showed that I have adenomyosis. Endometriosis inside of the uterus. Thankfully, the surgeons scraped the uterus clear, but encouraged me to become pregnant within the year (before it came back - 33% chance). My husband and I did as recommended. About a year after my first child, the pain started coming back. I was able to have another child 2 years after my first. It's now been 4 years, since my 2nd child was born, and pain has been back at top level for a good year.

I've also began having extremely long periods about 1 1/2 years ago. One lasted for 5 weeks; a couple weeks off, then another month of bleeding! My husband and I planned on total hysterectomy, to finally get rid of my excessive pain & bleeding, but that was changed (at last minute) to Depo shots for 3 months. Since then, my husband and I separated & my world fell apart. At first, the last thing I wanted to pay any attention to was my adeno, so I just dealt with it. The trouble is that the last couple of months have been more painful. My bleeding isn't as excessive as it used to be (knock on wood). However, I've been menstruating for almost 3 weeks now. The last 2 weeks being lighter, dark blood expelled. TMI, probably, but whenever I have a bowel movement, the blood expelled is then in clumps & is bright red.

Does this sound familiar to any of you, or am I a freak case??
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (08-28-2011)