View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_01 View Post
Hi – new here so please be easy on me 

I wondered if anybody is experiencing the same problems as me, and may be able to advise what is wrong?

Symptoms:

- Feeling as though I will swallow my tongue
- Tension around temples, neck & shoulders
- Occasional headaches
- Problems concentrating

And the one that is really worrying – My vision is very strange, I can see okay, but it feels as though my brain is not registering what I am seeing – this happens occasionally, and mainly when I am watching TV or looking in the mirror – it’s a very strange feeling.

I have been too the Doctors and he thinks it is anxiety (I am not certain, as I am relatively laid back, don’t have too many stresses in my life etc.) and I have stated a course of physiotherapy on my shoulders and neck to ease the tension, and subscribed Valium to help me relax (which I have not taken as of yet).

Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong???
The vision thing you describe reminds me of a somewhat similar thing I experienced.

I'm having a hard time remembering exactly when it was, so it may have been after I fell and hit my head.

I know that one episode was when I went to the dentist, and driving was so hard because of it.

I didn't go to the dentist as much later after I had B12 replacement because I didn't have plaque build up on my teeth as much any more.

So I think that it must have stopped happening after I began having B12 shots.

Have you tried vitamin B12 in the mythelcobalmin form? It doesn't hurt to try it. Only, keep notes so that you can see what changes it makes. I'd take at least two or three of the 5mg sublingals, a day for a few weeks.

When people are prescribed shots, they often are given a shot a day for the first week, so the 5mg sublinguals would rather mimic that. 1mg a day for a month equals one B12 shot. more or less.

I hope things improve for you.