View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 05:33 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onathirdjourney View Post
That is an interesting question. How do you get rid of stuff the 'easy' way? You guys did it the 'hard' way. Garage sales are very hard to organize and set and then sit there waiting for people...I suppose donating to charity is the best thing. We have a good feeling that things can be useful to other people when they have stopped being useful to us.

I suppose that when we downsize we are led to cleaning which of course is the best! I need incentives like that!
I agree that having a garage sale is the hard way, but in my case, I want the $$$

I also feel as if it helps keep the stuff out of the waste stream, most of what I am trying to get rid of has value to someone even if I can't imagine what it is! I price everything very reasonably and will haggle over price before I let the buyer walk away, cause the whole object of the game IS to sell it!

I bought all my furniture, dishes and most of the essentials for my first place from yard sales and thrift shops. I still have some of it!

The cleaning after IS the very best part! I love walking around in the ROOMY space after I have cleared out a bunch of junk, washed floors and windows and walls, repainted and hung curtains, and fitted it with select pieces of furniture and accessories! It's like a new place! I protect it afterwards, making sure it doesn't get junked up again and that it is kept clean so I can enjoy it!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote