View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Oh, I just love this question. If a relative pulls you over for speeding, would you expect a ticket?

Since the majority of speeders SPEED, and they probably have more than one ticket on their license thing (I don't drive so I don't know what it's called when they put points on your license or WHATEVER they do when you keep getting tickets).

If a person is speeding on the highway, and BAM, you get pulled over, and it's your son, NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN? Do you really think a son is going to ticket his parent? Or better yet, A SON-IN-LAW??

Never gonna happen. Is it right? Of course not. But it's never gonna happen. Too much at stake. Can you imagine when the guys goes home and there's his wife waiting for him (frying pan in hand).

And god forbid if it's the mother driving he car, and the son is he cop. Can you just hear the dialogue:

"mom, what are you doing THIS TIME? Mom, you were doing 70 in a 50 mile an hour zone". Mom, this has to stop". And the mother goes: "yeah, I know hon, I'm sorry, by the way, there's a tray of brownies with your name on it, in my kitchen"

Do you think THAT COP is going to ticket his own mother (or father?) Don't think so.

Is it right? Of course it's not right. But will they get that ticket? Not in a million years.

And that's a shame because some day, that mother who was speeding is going to mow down some unsuspecting person who was just crossing the road.

Some people like to drive fast. It makes them feel GOOD!!

I never figured out why. But it happens. And some people think their cars are actually worth more than human life.

The other day I read a very sad thing. It seems that this student plopped down his bookbag on a guy's BMW. So what happened? The driver of the BMW got out of his car and beat the student to a pulp...BECAUSE HE DARED TO PUT HIS BACKPACK ON THE GUY'S CAR.

Good Lord, what is happening in this world of ours?

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
who moi (12-12-2008)