View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 11:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default eeeek!

I was hoping that the pain Reed is feeling from his new SCS would be going away soon! From what I'm reading here..it could take awhile. I'm not sure he will be happy enough with the stim to keep it if he is still having pain after 6 months.
Reed's leads don't have paddles. They are free floating, which his PM said made recovery easier, but also gives him even more restrictions, lifetime restrictions. At the moment, he's in a real funk. He's just realizing after speaking to his PM on Tuesday and hearing it from the doc's mouth for the first time, that he's truly going to be disabled to some degree for the rest of his life. It's hitting him hard.
It's hard for him to see right now that when he asked the PM " a year from now, will I be able to throw a football with my son?" and the doc answered "no"..that without the SCS, he probably wouldn't have been able to anyway.
This disease really bites, and I think he's just getting the big picture of that.
I truly hope that he never has to go through what some of you have with your SCS.. Mary and Bassman, my prayers are with you both. They are with everyone here. You are all stronger than I could ever be and you have my deepest respect , especially after living so close to it.
Rita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (06-15-2010), wswells (06-23-2010)