View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 06:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I always tune in for the Friday night line-up: Ghost Whisperer, Close to Home, and Numbers. Sit-coms bore me. Night-time soap operas may be initially interesting, but ultimatally bore me. So-called reality (read, to me, phoney) I actively dislike, but I like actual reality, like American Justice, Biography, Medical Incredible, Maternity Ward, and Ten Years Younger. I loff the American version of What Not to Wear. I watch anything to do with WWII, including documentaries; a person can't know too much about about WWII, IMO one of the few justified wars we fought. I loved Band of Brothers so much I bought Ambrose's book. I like Midsomer Murders, Poirot, Miss Marple (the British version), and Sherlock Holmes with the late Jeremy Brett. I liked Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren. I like British TV; I enjoy British humor and the acters on British TV are actual people, particularly the women. As opposed to the fake boobs, face lifted, capped teeth, reed thin, perfectly coiffed women offered on American TV.

Actually, this last makes me crazy. Men can be fat, bald, stupid, and have less than lovely personal habits. Ditto kids. In short, actual human beings. Women: perfect. Even the ads. Double . Get a life, Hollywood.

Chris
Chris66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote