View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 11:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so much for responding.

I am sorry that you guys had a bad experience with your implants.

Bassman, my battery is placed higher on my right buttock. It's just below the waistline. I can feel it of course, but I'm in no way sitting on it. I'm sorry that yours wasn't inserted correctly. I wanted additional information on exactly how they were going to implant it and made an additional appt with the surgeon to have her walk me through each step of the implant. I'm kindof **** about that and want to know in detail what they were going to do. I can't imagine how you must feel that the doctor won't talk to you about the implant. I would think he would have some responsibility towards the implant itself. Do you work with your rep who programmed your device?

Mary, I've been following your posts about your experience. I remember how excited you were to finally have the surgery. I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. But, there are positive things too that you didn't develop meningitis and such from the infection. That's what they were going to test me for if my fever had gone about 100.0 degrees. The reason I went through getting this implanted was because my neurontin, baclofen and tramadol were at higher levels because I was in so much pain. Well, it's really hard to work when you're on those medications. I couldn't stay awake in meetings and such. I just didn't feel I had a choice. If I don't work, I lose everything - house, cars, etc. AND, if this doesn't work out, atleast I tried. I do want to mention, after having 5 surgeries myself, I'm sure your family loves you no matter how many scars you have.

Andrea, did they say why your leg would be affected by the stim? Since the stimulation is on the high part of the lead, I wouldn't think that it would affect your legs... Wow. It's amazing how it affects your whole body. That was my concern with spread is that it's now in my back. It's just so sensitive.

Thank you everyone for responding.

dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote