View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Seara - At one time or another I have had all of these with the exception of the migraines.

For the twitching, jerking, tremors, and facial spasms the Neurotin works for me. Remember everyone reacts differently to different meds. The facial spasms have only happened once. After the flare was over, they are not a constant for me. The tremors are fine as long as I don't over do it. The twitching/jerking happens mostly while I am sleeping but show up every now and then to remind me they are still there, just napping. LOL

The cognitive changes have improved some over time. My short term memory is doing better as well as the fact that I have been able to read a book and understand what I am reading as long as it is not too complex. However, I still have some deficits. Some I have accepted (complete lack of visual memory) while others I am trying my best to accept (slow information processing).

Balance/standing/walking - I will always have trouble with. However, it waxes and wanes from day to day. Some days I feel I could run a marathon and others just getting out of bed is a challenge. I never know what the day will bring.

There can be so many different reasons for the symptoms that you are having. The best suggestion I can give is to make a log of these and record them on a daily basis. Include emotional aspects as well as diet. Bring it all with you to your next dr appointment as this is useful information and help determine/sort out what is what.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CayoKay (12-14-2008), FinLady (12-12-2008), seara (12-12-2008)