Thread: Otto
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

An update. I went to meet daughter at my folks house with Otto - who was obviously in acute pain. We were ready to go ahead and each sacrifice whatever we could to do the surgery and then my dad and SIL started talking on the financial aspect - he's a dog, a pet, not a human being - who knows if the surgery would even work. So, we all came to terms with taking Otto to the college vet clinic to put down...well, come to terms as in sobbing and saying okay we understand. I went to a room to be alone and fell to my knees praying for help.

Mom and dad took him because SIL and daughter were crying. Half hour later they called and said vet wanted to talk with SIL, said he would have to go there to sign the permission papers to put Otto down but also wanted to talk with him.

In essence, the vets nearly begged to at least run tests to see what the damage was, that Otto is a very healthy 4 yr old otherwise, and the surgery most often successful.

So...SIL made the decision to let them go ahead with the tests, they will call him, and if they think it's good, they'll do surgery yet this afternoon. They said it could run anywhere from $1900 - $3000. Several family members are going to pitch in which of course bothers my poor SIL. As I said he's a man's man (with a teddy bear heart) and accepting this is difficult for him.

If this were to happen to Bruna, well I'm not gonna go there right now. Knock on wood.

I'll try to check in again later or tomorrow. Thanks for the support.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (04-20-2009), Chemar (12-12-2008)