View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

Thank you for your supportive and helpful replies. I had the Tensilon test, and I am one of the few whose blood pressure plummets with Tensilon. I came to with my neuro trying to get a pulse on my hip, and getting ready to call for a crash cart. That wasn't fun! And, I asked him if my eye lid came up before I went down... unfortunately - no.

I am working on wearing myself out for tomorrow, but what I really want is a nap! I'll ask about the spinal MRI for MS, and also about trying to establish some fatigue at the neuro's and then taking mestinon so he can observe the response. My original neuro based the diagnosis on mestinon response. Don;t have any other chronic fatigue symptoms, so that's ruled out. MG really has always been the best match with my symptoms.

It is helpful to know just cause one neuro says yes, others down the road don't agree and take away that diagnosis - which is what happened. As I mentioned in my first post, this all started ten years ago, and I managed so well for so long with adapting and "bucking up" and really redirecting my life in a much more meaningful and positive way since becoming sick.

So I am really surprised by all the emotional struggle I'm having lately. I've never posted anywhere or gotten involved with any mg support groups - partly because I've been afraid I wouldn't be accepted without the diagnosis. ANd partly because I just wanted to make things work. A lot of sadness going along with the fear, frustration and a bit of anger, too. Figured I was done with all that.

Thank you again. This is so helpful to me. I will post a follow-up after my nuero - after I rest that is! Rach
Rach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote