View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COK View Post
I have been suffering from severe acid reflux...I am taking a GI Cocktail before I eat and another med to help with the acid. It is some better but I rather not eat...

I couldn't see my usual PCP and this one referred me for blood work, and an endoscopy based on what he heard for my innards.lol I had the blood work yesterday, not sure when I will have the endo. If I get it before Jan 1 Medicare will cover it...otherwise, they do not accept HMOs which is what my insurance plan will be.

The GI cocktail has lidocaine as one of the ingredients...I numbed the back of my tongue last night...hot cup of tea...nunb tongue...today sore tongue. He wants to check the hiatial hernia...and check for some bacteria in the stomach or something. I told him that I have IBS, already been tested...he still wants it done.

Rule for acid reflux...if it tastes good spit it out!!

He'll probably be checking for the H Pylori Bacteria. Three of my friends had endo's and one had the H Pylori Bacteria so she had to do the triple treatment thing.

She's fine now.
Oh, by the way, the H pylori causes ulcers. So the treatment (I gather) heals it all. One is an antibiotic, one is an antacid and the third is a proton pump inhibitor.

I never would have known this if I hadn't accompanied her to the guy who did the endo on her. I learned lots of stuff that day.

But you might not even have this, so don't get worked up about it.

Hope all works out for you.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
who moi (12-13-2008)