View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Addy, I agree. I have often wondered if I had stayed just a little longer would my friend have taken out that gun. I wonder if my friend's son had not shot himself, would he still be here. If my cousin's son hadn't died in a fire would she still be here. The what if's are those things we need to let go, however, it isn't easy.

I have a neighbor whose son was found shot twice. Once in the chest and once to his head. I heard all the rumors, and I find it extremely hard to imagine someone shooting themselves in the chest and then also pulling that trigger again? It was ruled as a suicide because his wife was leaving was the rumor...

It doesn't matter how he died the truth is a life is gone and loved ones are left behind...and those rumors do get overheard or repeated to family and friends.

I had a friend that hung himself...I was asked if he wanted to die so badly why such a horrible death, why didn't he overdose? I was not so nice in my reply...my cousin's DIL hung herself in the church...and I could not believe the things people said at the time. I guess they didn't realize or care that that was part of my family. I didn't know her she married my cousin after they lived farther than where we grew up, still she left family and friends.

People can be cruel when it comes to suicide, but yet they are so caring, loving and concerned when it is from any other tragedy or so it seems. I just don't get it...death is final no matter the reason.
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (12-13-2008), Alffe (12-13-2008), barbo (01-08-2009), doxiemama (01-08-2009), Koala77 (01-08-2009), mistiis (12-13-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)