View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 08:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abloy View Post
So, I've just been diagnosed with an area of hyperintensity on both a CT and a MRI that is most likely a 5mm colloid cyst, with no hydrocephalus.. The problem is that I most likely have a cold right now, with sinus pressure, so I'm having a nasty time telling whether I have symptoms from the cyst or not. I see a neurologist tomorrow, but in the meantime:

1. Am I correct that 5mm is relatively small cyst, and fairly unlikely to be causing symptoms?

2. There seems to be sort of a conflict in the literature I can see on the internet between articles that promote a wait and see approach for small asymptomatic cysts and patients/doctors that advocate removing all cysts immediately.
I think you have to rely on your doctors advice but as for me I think that the danger of this tumor is so great it should not be ignored for long. I had such a tumor diagnosed on 6/6/005 and in the time period of 70 days I started to go critical. The jmportant part of the equation is that yur health may be good now but what will it be like in 2-3 year down the road? The surgery is in my own experience xtreme and it has taken me a lot of time to recover(3-years). I don't want to scare you but if you have a good neurosurgeon it will help immensley. Need to talk more my e-mail is
Thomas Kaup is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote