View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My doctor done the same trigger point/ouch test to determine where to stick it.

I just remember one injection, on each side of the neck.

I didn't notice any swelling at the injection sites, at all. is it irritation? itchy? a little redness? swollen? like a bug bite? infectious looking?

It is a toxin you know. Your body builds up antibodies against toxins each time it is exposed to any toxin. (too many rounds may not be effective)

If you're not having breathing issues, I'd think it's okay. just reacting to it a little. I have used benadryl capsules for reactions to over-the-counters before and even bug bites-make a past and put on the site. A whole one makes me too drowsy so I cut it in half and take part of the powder... uuuch for sure.

They're like five or seven different types of botox. It's not the food botulism type, I don't think, cosmetic grade (A&B), but can have some adverse side effects, not often though.

I felt like it was a positive my first round. no big changes though, other than noticing the TMJ not popping definitely by the next morning and some relief in my pain level from my upper body complaints. I was in a bad shape at this time (2004-2005). Second round was more relief. By the third round, my neck felt relief down into my pecs. I still think it had some lasting effect. With the relief it gave me, maybe it allowed me to heal some in that area. My cardiothoracic surgeon don't recommend botox. He cautions me and shakes his head negatively. So a little may do you good. A lot may not.

If you're in a bad shape with pain from your scalenes you have to try something. Let's hope for the best for you. If I remember, I thought I got relief for at least 3-4 weeks. Then some lasting each time. It was worth it, money and all. ins only paid for 1 round. I paid like $400 twice.

It'll be okay.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (12-15-2008)