View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I have a fair amount of skin sensitivity and clothes rubbing on my left side are a terrible bother. This has gotten so irriating that I can barely tolerate stockings or knee highs. I have given up on dresses and have taken to wearing slacks with trouser socks for work. I have notified over the past 2 weeks that even my socks bother me now. I have purchased several socks that are 100% cotton but the elastic at the top drives me crazy to the point I can't concentrate.

I know that many of you have had this same issue so can you direct me to a sock that might be tolerable? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks!
You are not the only one! I think this is called allodynia (sp?). Anyhow half my clothes I cannot wear any longer. Feels like I am wearing wool (which I never could wear). I like silk, polyester, microfiber, spandex mixes and really soft cotton when it is new (somehow cotton seems to "harden and pile" as it gets laundered a lot. I like the diabetic "peds socks" at Wal Mart also. Good thing I dont have to wear panti hose, etc. I find I can wear some cotton turtle necks if I wear cuddle duds (mock turtle neck) under them. I live where is gets fairly cold so I like the extra layer too. The microfiber pajamas sure feel nice and I may try a pair. Flannel is okay if it is new and soft but seems to "harden" to. Does anybody else also have areas that become "cold" to the touch (even someone elses touch)) and yet it feels burning hot to you.
I have that problem in my thighs and upper arms. All of my peripheral neuropathy tests and skin biopsy have been negative but something is obviously wrong...maybe only time will tell until the biopsy turns positive or maybe they made a mistake. Mine was done by Therapath. I think I heard it was the only one in the US. Thanks
sbvcrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Leslie (12-12-2008)