View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
I think I'll read the instructions tonight... I've had it set on low, and the past two nights it stopped, the light was blinking. I'm thinking it might be a thermostat thing, that when it reaches a level of warmth it goes into neutral?

The first night I had it set on high all night and it ran straight through the night, though we felt like we'd been broasted by morning, lol.

It's amazing how we can come to appreciate these things! If I knew how much it would have helped with pain I would have started using one years ago! Cancer, Shmancer.

I have been so sore the past few days. Noticed tonight at Costco (after walking for about an hour) that I could barely get my right leg into the car...lots of stiffness in my thigh. (crap...spasticity monsters are after me!)

I've also got a bad Lhermitte's sign going on this week. Depending on how I bend my neck, I either get warm hot sensations going thru my left thigh, or I get a very painful "pull" sensation on my left arm. (lifting my arms to wash my hair has been interesting lately...I may be using our Indulgeabath walk-in tub tomorrow and sit under the shower head with the jets running in the tub)

I sat with my 'lectric blankie for a bit tonight, relaxed me enough to sleep for an hour. I've had some nasty nasty NASTY insomnia for about 3 weeks now. I think I've been getting 3 or 4 hours a night (well, mornings, I cant manage to sleep before 6am sometimes)

I'm going to bed in a little bit. (it's midnight now) because I've been so tired yesterday and today. I hope I can sleep.

I think some of my problems are being caused by an "almost" UTI. (went to the doctor today to pee in a cup, they said it wasnt a UTI yet, not enough white cells showing up, but to call them if I feel worse and they'll toss me some abx's)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote